Certainly, there are reasons importing vehicles from abroad could be a challenge for some of us – not having full control of the purchase, unsure of the car to purchase, having perfect expectations. It finally comes to the question, can the buyer over there get me exactly the car I wish? Keep all by the side! But how? Focus on the safety checks for importing vehicles.
→ Get the A to Z checklist for importing vehicles from Germany and the USA to Africa.
5 Reasons Why Importing Vehicles Could Make You Feel Challenged
You are not alone if the phrase “buying autos in a foreign country” triggers doubt in you. And here are some reasons for this:
- Different companies handling the importation of your vehicle
Basically, importing a vehicle involves the buyer, shipping agent, and clearing agent. But when something goes wrong along the line you can barely hold someone responsible. Though today a company can manage these services for you – bringing all your needs in one place.
- Your first time of buying a car outside – no prior experience
Is it your first time importing a vehicle? Don’t worry! You have two options: doing it the classic way by handling the importation processes yourself or you hire a company to do it for you professionally. Even experienced importers do hire vehicle brokers for the smooth process of their businesses.
- Secure Payment – Paying for your vehicle securely
The payment method remains a major concern when importing vehicles to Africa. But some professional auto brokers offer special conditions for you to make a secure payment for your vehicle. Please contact us for more details.
- Unsure of the vehicle to buy and import online
Focus on the vehicle with good second-hand value in your country. Private auto buyers can afford it to choose a vehicle based on its feel and look. But the majority of auto dealers mostly pursues an economic interest which is right. Because without that they may go out of the business. Think like an auto dealer.
- Buying a car from a seller that does not speak the same language as you
It can be challenging to buy a car from a country that you don’t understand the language they speak. Why? Because you will most likely need someone to translate every bit of communication when you meet a car seller who doesn’t speak your language – which could make you miss great deals.
So What Could Lift You Above The Hurdles?
Well, there’s always a way to do it better. You may start by working on a possible list of auto import scenarios – from the first search of your desired car online to the day you will pick it up from a clearing agent. That way you can detect and eliminate all the uncertainties you may have about importing vehicles. Or
- What do you want to use the car for?
- What key features should it have?
- From where to import the car?
- Do you want to buy from an auto auction platform, auto dealer or private seller?
- Do you want a car with full-service maintenance history?
- Who manages the importation processes?
- Should the vehicle be accident or flood-damaged?
- How are you going to pay for the car?
- What payment condition would be best for you?
- Which other charges may come up?
- How much is the shipment?
- What is your preferred shipping type: Ro-Ro or Container Groupage Shipping?
- How long does it take for the vehicle to land in your preferred seaport?
- When will you get your bill of loading?
- What is your preferred shipping line?
- What is the cost of clearing the vehicle from the customs in your country?
- Is the auto overage?
- What are the duties to pay?
- How do you calculate import duty for your country?
- When to pick your vehicle from the clearing agent?
- Check the documents:
- Check the condition of the vehicle before driving on the road:
This checklist helps to make the questions you may ask about importing used vehicles from a foreign country to Africa become more concrete. You can modify it to suit your needs.
For any reason you don’t want to go through the hassles of controlling every single process of your vehicle importation, you may…
Or you call – WhatsApp us:
Germany: +49 (175) 37 95 897
Nigeria: +234 (08) 35 617 959
Choose a company that has in-depth experience in car buying service in Germany and Africa.